On may 31, Boostzone Institute organized a full day interactive work session around the « social gordian knot ». In order to produce a high quality collaborative experience, we approached top managers of 11 major companies as well as highly specialized experts in law issues regarding intellectual property and internet litigation.
The social gordian knot (here « social » means « in connection with social networks”: whether external or internal) illustrates the new complexity which has to be faced – and solved – by the support functions (mainly HR, communication, IT and legal). The new technologies and the resulting new usages force them to collaborate more tightly.
The main threads of this gordian knot are:
– A more acute need for productivity, innovation, engagement
– The mobile technologies and the Bring Your Own Device phenomenon
-The collision caused by variable speeds of propagation of the new technologies according to the countries, the type of managers, the generations with a notably higher pace of dissemination in the public in comparison with the world of work.
– Availability of information on the « cloud »
– Geo localization
– Staff from miscellaneous countries and cultural backgrounds
– Working areas under various Labor laws
– Big Data
– Extended use of social networks by the employees
– Internal social networks
– Extended use of video as a communication medium
– Emergence of « Apps » competing with internet sites
– Stress risks linked to the use of new technologies
– Claim for both more security as well as more freedom…
The working session resulted on a practical « to do list » and concluded that the gordian knot is a major stake and is here to stay, constantly evolving. That is why the Boostzone Institute is preparing a training session on this question and will inform you in the coming weeks. A business breakfast is planned in Paris on October 2nd.
The working session resulted on a practical “to do list” and concluded that the Gordian knot is a major stake and is here to stay, constantly evolving. Collaboration is a key asset which has to be used by the support functions in the first place and hence in companies on the whole. If properly used it will lead to competitive advantages, if it is not, it could cause major conflicts and difficulties and thus poor economic results.
That is why the Boostzone Institute is preparing a training session on this question and will let you know in the weeks to come. A business breakfast is already planned in Paris on October 2.