We aim at being a reference research and training institute on the future of the World of Work as it impacts corporations and their strategies.
Founded in 2004, the Boostzone Institute stemmed from the will to understand and forecast how the evolution of the World of Work and in particular the emergence of Network-Centric Management is going to bring a sea change in the management of organizations. Its founding members are all professionals of Human Capital management, Networks and Community management, Technology management and Strategic management.
In essence, the Boostzone Institute is a community of managers and experts who believe that globalization and collaboration technology are transforming the economy and the society in fundamental ways, that networks and communities are becoming the central driving force of business, and that all managers should strive to have a deeper understanding of how networks and communities can be governed.
The Boostzone Institute focuses on business transformation issues. We strive to build a shared understanding of how vertical organizations of the industrial age can be made to morph into global networked organizations. Our goal is to help our members create sustainable competitive advantage in their organizations and develop their practice of “Network-Centric Management” through a better understanding of the evolution of the World of Work.
The Boostzone Institute helps its members share their experience, make progress together and assist each other in the complex task of transforming their organizations into networked organizations. This is done through several types of activities :
- Business breakfasts around thought leaders or Knowledge Cafés. We organize thought-provoking presentations and Q/A sessions around recognized experts or three hour working sessions around a hot topic where the knowledge of all participants has been shared, captured and summarized in a reusable working document;
- Technology watch. We organize and lead an intelligence community who monitors emerging collaboration technologies. We also have a sophisticated social bookmarking system;
- Peer reviews. Within closed communities of peers governed by stringent non-compete agreements, we organize the peer reviewing of the network / community initiatives of our members as a shared learning experience;
- Sponsored Projects. We organize specific knowledge-sharing meetings and /or research around a specific business issue for the benefit of sponsoring organizations. Our value-add is our ability to gather some of the best experts and to produce a high quality collaboration experience;
- Documents and Library. We provide our members with the latest researches and documents on our field;
- Publications. BestOfs, Research papers, Essays.
- Courses. Programmes about collaborative management and the Future of the World of Work.
The Boostzone Institute relies on two pillars : a public website and a private platform for its members.
- The blog in English and in French is the public and visible part of the Boostzone Institute where our fellows community communicate their knowledge and share it
Le Cercle is a private group of professionals eager to develop and exchange on the implementation of Network Centric management in their organization
Our Scientific Committee and Fellows
Our Scientific Committee is composed of a small number of individuals, at senior responsibilities in large organizations. Their mission is twofold: guide the research directions from the Institute in order to make sure they have a real business usage potential; give their opinions on the potential “fellows” who could publish on the public website of the Institute. Here is the composition of our Scientific Committee
Several senior expert members of The Boostzone Institute have been selected because of their level of expertise to be the bloggers of our collective blog. Here is the list of the fellows.
Dominique Turcq is our President and Founder. He is an internationally recognized authority on the future of the world of work. A former professor at HEC and at INSEAD, A former McKinsey partner and the former SVP Strategy for Manpower Inc., Dominique Turcq is closely associated with several multinationals on their strategy formulation as it relates to the world of work. (click on link to read his bio)
The Boostzone Institute’s core motivation is research. The field is the world of work and its future, on a global scale, and its impact on corporate organization and strategy. Currently one of the most pressing issues is the rise of social networks, the sort of total connection that characterize our society.
The R&D of the Boostzone Institute works on a non profit base, the various components are financed via sponsorships from various companies, in cash or in kind, and out of the profits of the consulting activities of the Boostzone Institute.
Current research in progress include:
- The world of work in 2020 and its impact on corporations HR policies
- The world of work main trends for 2010-2015 and their impact on corporate strategy and organization
- A systemic approach to the world of work dynamism in a world dominated by major changes like the decline of the OECD, the Asian growth and ecological issues
- The new organization of the corporation in a totally connected web 2.0 world
- The role of corporate universities as change agents
- The social impact of corporation, behind the Corporate Social Responsibilities of the 00′s
- What should the corporate directory be in a social network environment?
If you are interested in sponsoring or contributing to our research agenda, please contact email@example.com